Friday, October 7, 2011

Shaun White Supply Co. launches Thurs

SAN DIEGO -- Want to own a skateboard like the one Shaun White used to win his latest X Games gold medal?

The action sports superstar is expanding his empire by launching the Shaun White Supply Co., which will sell skateboards, BMX bikes, helmets and pads, ramps and grind rails in sporting goods stores across the country and online.

The 25-year-old White said his product line is a logical step in a two-sport career in which he's dominated some of the sickest halfpipes in the world, from Los Angeles to Turin to Vancouver.

"The nice thing is, since I've gotten older, I have the mindset to take on things like this. When I won at Torino, I was 19. I mean, if the awards were at a bar, they wouldn't have let me in," White said, referring to winning the first of his two Olympic gold medals in snowboarding. "You can finally do all the projects that you've wanted to do, not that you have to do." Read More

White promises that his products will be better than what he used while growing up in Carlsbad in northern San Diego County.

No comments:

Post a Comment