Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ambuhl, Helgasson win Freestyle.ch

Skiers and snowboarders came together at Freestyle.ch this weekend for the opening big air event of the season held in Zurich, Switzerland. Elias Ambuhl took top honors in the ski event and Halldor Helgasson topped the podium for the snowboarders. In skiing, Kai Mahle took second with Jossi Wells in third. Halldor was joined on the snowboard podium with Seppe Smits and Stale Sandbech in third.

Local crowd favorite Ambuhl earned a score of 93.75 with a dub 14 over mute tweak. He tried to step it up to 16 but saw his ski fly off in mid air. "Watching my ski come off in the air was an unreal feeling, bringing the spin around I was happy I'd worked out during the summer so I didn't hurt myself," Ambuhl said. On talking about the win Ambuhl added, "It's been a long time coming. I've been second twice before so to finally win my home event is the best feeling ever." Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment