Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Belle Brockhoff on board for ski ride of life

IT may be her greatest fear but boardercross is also her biggest drawcard.

For Belle Brockhoff, one of Australia's brightest snowboarding talents, her win in the boardercross at the New Zealand Winter Games last month was a giant relief.

Boardercross - known as snowboard cross in the Olympic Games - involves a group of snowboarders (usually four) who start simultaneously atop an inclined course, then race to reach the finish line first.

Brockhoff, 18, gave away the discipline two years ago after a few nasty falls.

"I had a number of crashes that gave me a real shake-up," she said. "Boardercross is my biggest fear and now that I've done that race recently, I've overcome that fear." Read More


No comments:

Post a Comment